Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Self Criticism

I will wear more clothes when I go to the market.
I will wear more clothes when I go to the market.
I will wear more clothes when I go to the market.
I will wear more clothes when I go to the market.
I will wear more clothes when I go to the market.


This afternoon the repairman came and miraculously managed to fix our washing machine, heater and water cooler. Hooray!! After he left I proceeded to follow the trail of appliances we had taken earlier in an effort to clean up the mess that inevitably follows any repairman visit. After sweeping, mopping, and hand washing some laundry I had a major snack attack and decided to run over to the local shop for something sweet to eat. Since I was cleaning and moving around in the apartment I was feeling pretty warm and just put on a fleece over my sweater to go outside. The shop is literally a one minute walk from the apartment but it did not matter. I was still scolded several times by a caring neighbor, shop attendants and even a stranger. The stranger was kind enough to listen to my explanation of cleaning and just being outside for a short time and after making a solemn declaration to put more on the next time she let me go with just a warning. :)

1 comment:

kristy_mac said...

haha. that's great Katie! And don't forget to have warm water when it's that time too or you might die...no you will die. In Ireland, they look at you funny if you are wearing too much clothes...(well kinda) at night at least because all the Dublin girls wear skirts and tights.