Last weekend my younger, and much cooler, sister Kristy traveled from Dublin (where she is an exchange student for the semester) to London for a quick visit. While in England she managed to not only visit the University of Oxford campus and see the sights in London but also meet up with two of my former Chinese students. As some of you are aware there's a very 'special' program on our campus called "2+2." These privileged students have the opportunity to study accounting or journalism for two years at our university and then continue their study another two years in the UK. I think there are currently around 30-40 of my former students in London and Wales. Although I wasn't close with all of these students I have managed to keep in contact with a fair amount and many from the first group came to see me when they returned home after their first year last summer. In the second group of students there were a few girls, in particular, that Kim and I were able to spend a lot of time with. It was one of these precious girls that Kristy was able to meet in London. How cool is it that the good work and friendship which started in little Yichang, China has been continued by my little sis in London? Love you, Kristy!! :)

1 comment:
Hey Katie, thanks for posting adventure and putting the picture up. And your right, I kept singing that song..."it's a small world afterall..." too funny! love ya sis!
Post a Comment