Saturday, September 13, 2008

Anne & Summer

"But the summer had been a very happy one, too -- a time of glad living with summer suns and skies, a time of keen delight in wholesome things; a time of renewing and deepening of old friendships; a time in which she had learned to live more nobly, to work more patiently, to play more heartily."

--Anne, Anne of the Island


Anne’s quote pretty much sums up my summer. Well, that is if you add drinking lots of milk, an Irish festival, Chicago, Wicked and good old Cedarville. :) I did enjoy the beautiful summer suns and skies (especially stars!) while home this summer. The renewing and deepening of old friendships was also a big highlight of my time in the States. I was delighted to get to see so many of you while I was home and wanted to again say a big thank you to all of you who helped take care of me this summer by housing, feeding or transporting me.

Here are a few pictures from the summer. I’m sure Anne would agree that while I did learn to work and wait more patiently I was also able to play 'heartily' as well.



4th of July fun with my mom and sisters. I was also able to go Dad's sales route with him. Just like when I was small!

Quality time with my precious grandmas. :)

Wonderful visits with Patty and Angie (and Grant too!) in oHIo.

Yichang, China reunion in Indy. Wo ai ni men!!

My family was finally (after 5 years!) able to meet Kim's family. And I also finally got taste of the cinnamon chip pancakes at Bob's...delicious!

Then on to Dublin, Ohio for a craic filled Irish festival complete with a Gaelic Storm concert and the Blankenships!

A little Starbucks pick-me-up with Elaine and Andrea (and baby too!).

A night out on the town in Chicago. First a wonderful meal with some of our favorite Flys and then it was off to a Broadway show...Wicked!

Needless to say, we were a bit excited to finally be able to see Wicked.

Last stop: Cedarville. Mom and I took Kristy back to school for her senior year (!) and were joined by the ever lovely, Patty M.


Sadly, I don't have pictures with the Johnsons, Megan, Huster or the Lehmanns but getting to see/visit all of you helped make my summer complete.


And thus concludes my summer of '08.

No comments: