
Some of you may remember in the Fall when I mentioned having a dream and working at the primary school and taking a part-time tutor job with the small hope of being able to pull it all off. Well, it actually happened and I can't even begin to tell you how blessed and thankful I feel. This semester my youngest sister, Kristy, was an exchange student in Dublin, Ireland. The dream was for my entire family to meet for a fam vacation in Ireland. It was one of the best weeks of my life!! My wonderful family+beautiful Ireland+lots of green+good music+terrific Irish accents+driving on the other side of the road=McFam O'Vaca '08.
It really was love at first sight. And then I landed and met the Irish and there was no hope for me after that. Head over heels...
The best way (and cheapest for a family of five) to see Ireland is by car so after a couple days in Dublin we hit the road and headed West.No one really told us how incredibly narrow the roads are in Ireland so it took some adjusting but we managed alright. A more detailed report on driving in the following blog. Three cheers for Dad, our (semi?) fearless driver.

I really liked the brightly colored doors and shops downtown. Thatched roofs and castles were always a welcomed stop along the way.

By far one of the coolest things we did was to go visit my Dad's grandmother's hometown. We even found out more information about her family from the town's baptismal registry. It was so cool to know that I was in the same town that my great grandmother was born in and then left behind in order to move to America 100 years ago.
Well, Blogger is being really sloooow uploading pictures tonight so I'm going to have to end here but if you'd like to see more pictures from our trip you can check out this photo album. There's something so endearing about Ireland and as I was leaving to return to China I couldn't help but feel that someday I'd be back.
"Ireland, I am coming home. I can see your rolling fields of green and fences made of stone. I am reaching out, won't you take my hand? I'm coming home, Ireland."
No comments:
Post a Comment